So I thought I would update my “About Me”. A little bit more in depth information maybe? Well, I’m the Jenny behind the JENuninely. Besides being a wife and mother, there’s still ME. I thought I would share a little bit about my identity aside from being a slave (seriously, don’t we all feel that way sometimes?!?!) to my kids 🙂
Cooking. Obviously! My parents made dinner every night when I was growing up. And as I got older, I had to help out in the kitchen. Chopping veggies, making salads, mashing the potatoes. I think all of this inspired my love for cooking. And when I got married, I wanted to feed my husband and make him happy. Which in turn, led me to branch out, try new ingredients and make better things. I see people who after many years of cooking for their families, don’t want anything to do with the kitchen when they’re older and the kids have flown the coop. I don’t want to be like that. I want to still love cooking for my family and friends even when I’m older. Think Miss Kay…
- Reading. I have been reading for as long as I can remember. Let’s attribute that to my old next door neighbor Linda D. When I was little, I would go to her house and she would read to me. She had a roomful of books and I would get to choose one and she would read to me. That was when I was around 5. I still remember that. Nowadays, after the kids go to bed (along with my husband) I love to sit in bed with my reading light and read for good long while. I love paranormal fiction books i.e. vampires, werewolves, fairies, etc….
- Movies. I can watch the same movie over and over and over again. I love going to the movie theater but with three kids, it’s hard to do a date night too often. And last time the whole family went together, it was over $50! Pretty ridiculous. Some of my favorite movies? Sixteen Candles, Jaws, The Departed, most Judd Apatow movies, and I also love Quentin Tarantino.
- TV. I need an escape after a long day with the kids. Some of my favorite shows? Chopped, Deadliest Catch, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (and Orange County!) The Bridge, Top Gear, Duck Dynasty, The Goldbergs, The Witches of East End, Lost Girl, Modern Family…. and the list can go on and on and on….
- Boxers. My favorite dogs! We have two. Rowdy and Rebel, a father/daughter duo. And I love them both so much. Such great family dogs. Protective, smart, funny, energetic, wiggly, happy. Those are some pretty great characteristics to have. Don’t you think?
- Wine. I enjoy a glass of wine. My favorite type? Chardonnay. Wine tasting is also a great time and I wish I could go more often.
There you have it. A little bit more about ME. Now you know a little something about who’s penning this blog you’re reading.