There are so many kinds of meatloaf recipes out there. I typically stick with my good ole standby, my mom’s recipe made with ground beef. But as I’ve said before, we don’t use ground beef around here much anymore so I almost always have ground chicken. That being said, I had ground chicken but wanted something new. Thus, this recipe was born! It may sound strange, but the flavors are spot on and yummy. This meatloaf is literally bursting with Asian flavors. And it’s such a nice change from the standard meatloaf you’re used to.
Asian Chicken Meatloaf w/ Sriracha Ketchup
- 1 pound dark meat ground chicken
- 2 tbsp. minced white or yellow onion
- 1 green onion, (green part only) chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely shredded
- Just under 1/4 c. hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp. each of ground ginger, garlic powder, white pepper & turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 3/4 c.-1 c. panko crumbs
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, add the first 10 ingredients and mix together by hand until combined. Scoop into a loaf pan.
In a separate bowl, mix together the ketchup and sriracha and spoon over the top of the meatloaf, making sure to cover the entire top in a thin layer.
Bake in the oven for 60-65 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.